Success, Ocean Literacy Summit 2012
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2012 Ocean Literacy Summit! It was a great success, thanks to our terrific speakers, energetic exhibitors, and our host institution, the University of Rhode Island’s Graduate School of Oceanography. For photos and more about the event, visit the Summit webpage.
The New England Ocean Science Education Collaborative (NEOSEC) is a diverse networked collaboration of more than forty institutions from across New England, including aquariums, museums, universities, government entities and science and research centers. NEOSEC’s mission and collective purpose are to leverage New England’s extraordinary assets, to engage the public in understanding the vital connections between people and the ocean.
NEOSEC is a robust network and collaborates in a spirit of inclusiveness, tapping into the wealth of ocean resources in the region. The diversity of professional expertise, resources, locations, and audiences represented by NEOSEC enables us to facilitate strong connections between New England scientists and educators.
We recognize that understanding the ocean is integral to comprehending the Earth’s systems and life on this planet, and have identified Ocean Literacy as a key goal for all of New England.
- To learn more about NEOSEC visit the links below:
- Find a NEOSEC Member Organization near you
- Learn about our Ocean7 Campaign for Ocean Literacy
- Get acquainted with the “7 Essential Principles” of Ocean Literacy
- Get information about the upcoming Ocean Literacy Summit
- Read blog posts on NEwswave about regional ocean science news
- Find out about collaborative projects NEOSEC members are working on
- Learn more about how NEOSEC works